Dr. Venkata Sai Naresh Vellanki
|Qualification||:||M.D., DM, FASN (USA), RCPSCA Adult Nephrology Canada|
|Speciality||:||Nephrology & Kidney Transplantation|
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Accredited Specialist - Adult Nephrology
- American Society of Transplantation (USA) Certified Fellowship - Kidney Pancreas Transplantation
- American Society of Hyper Tension (USA) Designated Specialist - Clinical Hypertension
- Senior Consultant : Interventional Nephrology, Critical Care Nephrology, Hypertension, Kidney Pancreas Transplantation.
North American Subspecialty Competence Training:
- Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons Canada Accredited Fellowship -Adult Nephrology (University of Toronto, Canada): 2011-2014
- American Society of Transplantation (AST) Accredited Fellowship - Kidney Pancreas Transplantation, University Health Network,University of Toronto, Canada, 2014-2016
- American Society of Hypertension (ASH) Certified Specialist – Clinical Hypertension- 2016
- CRRT and Critical Care Nephrology training: St Michael’s Hospital, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Center- University of Toronto, Canada
- Pediatric Nephrology clinical electives: Sick Kids Hospital, University of Toronto, Canada
- Solid Organ Transplantation, ABO incompatible transplants, HLA immunobiology
- Critical Care Nephrology, CRRT, Acid Base Electrolyte Physiology
- Peritoneal dialysis, Home dialysis, Interventional Nephrology
- Lupus and Glomerulonephritis, Renal Stone Disease
- Pregnancy and Kidney Diseases
- Preventive Nephrology and Renal Nutrition
Assistant Professor of Nephrology: Institute of Kidney Diseases and Research Center and Institute of Transplantation Sciences (IKDRC-ITS), Ahmedabad, Govt of Gujarat Assistant Professor of Nephrology: SVIMS university hospital, Tirupati, Govt of AP Assistant Professor of General Medicine: Rangaraya Medical College, Govt of AP Senior Resident Nephrology:NIMS university Hospital, Hyderabad, Govt of Telangana Founder Consultant Nephrology and Kidney Transplantation: Manipal Super speciality / Maxcure Hospitals- Visakhapatnam, AP.
Experience: 10 years
Dr. Venkat Sai Naresh Vellanki has completed MD Internal Medicine from Kasturba Medical College, Manipal University and was the best outgoing resident. He further pursued DM Nephrology at Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences (SVIMS)University Hospital-Tirupati. He has worked as Assistant Professor of General Internal Medicine in Rangaraya Medical College, Kakinada- Govt of AP. Later worked in reputed Nephrology and Dialysis units as senior resident in Nephrology-NIMS Hyderabad, Assistant Professor in Nephrology-Tirupati and Institute of Kidney Diseases Research Center and Institute of Transplantation Sciences (IKDRC-ITS) Ahmedabad, Govt of Gujarat. He is the founder consultant of Department of Nephrology and Kidney Transplantation of Manipal Super speciality now Maxcure Hospitals Visakhapatnam.
He subsequently pursued formal North American clinical training in Adult Nephrology and Kidney Pancreas Transplantation at University of Toronto, Canada.
From 2012 to 2016he completed Clinical Fellowship in Adult Nephrology at premier quaternary care teaching hospitals of North America-Toronto General Hospital, St. Michael’s Hospital, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Center and Mount Sinai Hospitals of the University of Toronto, Canada.Dr. Vellanki successfully cleared Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Canada -Adult Nephrology Subspecialty examination.
He thensecured American Society of Transplantation (AST) accredited fellowship at the Multi organ Transplantation Division, University of Torontowhich is amongst the top solid organ transplantation and HLA immunobiology centers of excellence in North America. Dr. Vellanki trained with renowned teachers in the field of Nephrology, Dialysis, Hypertension and Renal transplantation namely Dr. Joanne Bargman,Dr. Edward Cole, Dr. Christopher Chan, Dr. Kamel Kamel, Dr. Daniel CattranDr. Jeffery Zaltsman, Dr. Ramesh Prasad,Dr. Michelle Hladunewich, Dr. Carl Cardella, Dr. Istvan Mucsi, Dr. Joseph Kim, Dr. Jeffrey Schiff and Dr. Kathryn Tinckam.
He trained with Prof. Sheldon Tobe at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Center, Toronto in field of Clinical Hypertension and is ASH certified specialist in clinical hypertension. He has published in various high impact journals and has been awarded the Fellow of American Society of Nephrology by the American Society of Nephrology (USA). Dr. Vellanki has done the prescribedtraining in Interventional Nephrology at the clinical skills simulation lab of the Mount Sinai Hospital -Toronto. He has also done “Ultrasound for Nephrologists” course under Prof. Terrence O’Neil, Emory University, Atlanta, USA.
Dr. Vellanki did his formal AST and Royal College of Physicians Canada accredited clinical training in management of solid organ (kidney, kidney-pancreas, heart, lung and liver) transplantation patients at the high volume multi organ transplant unit, University Health Network, Toronto, Canada and has gained valuable experience in dealing with complex transplant problems including, HLA barriers, transplant infectious diseases and ABO incompatible transplants.