Dr. Venkata Sai Naresh Vellanki
|Qualification||:||M.D., DM, FASN (USA), RCPSCA-NEPHRO(CANADA), AST(USA) Certified Fellowship : Kidney Pancreas Transplantation|
|Speciality||:||NEPHROLOGY & KIDNEY TRANSPLANTATION|
Dr. Vellanki firmly believes that delivery of safe health care is only possible from extensive pain staking formal training under expert guidance of seasoned mentors who challenge the clinical acumen of the physician. The ultimate objective is to champion the cause of the patient and mitigate the suffering through ability to analyze the current evidencewith an aim of being an effective Medical Expert, Communicator, Collaborator, Leader, Health Advocate, Scholar&Professional. Dr. Vellanki firmly believes that there is no greater opportunity, responsibility, or obligation than being a physician and catersto the emotional needs of the patients in a humane way.
North American Subspecialty Competence Training:
- Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons Canada Accredited Fellowship -Adult Nephrology (University of Toronto, Canada): 2011-2014
- American Society of Transplantation (AST) Accredited Fellowship - Kidney Pancreas Transplantation, University Health Network,University of Toronto, Canada, 2014-2016
- American Society of Hypertension (ASH) Certified Specialist – Clinical Hypertension- 2016
- CRRT and Critical Care Nephrology training: St Michael's Hospital, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Center- University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
- Pediatric Nephrology clinical electives: Sick Kids Hospital, University of Toronto,Toronto, Canada
- Solid Organ Transplantation, ABO incompatible transplants, HLA immunobiology - more than 600 kidney transplants
- Vascular Access and Interventional Nephrology
- Critical Care Nephrology, CRRT, Acid Base Electrolyte Physiology
- Peritoneal dialysis, Home dialysis
- Lupus and Glomerulonephritis, Renal Stone Disease
- Pregnancy and Kidney Diseases
- Preventive Nephrology and Renal Nutrition
- Assistant Professor of Nephrology: Institute of Kidney Diseases and Research Center and Institute of Transplantation Sciences (IKDRC-ITS), Ahmedabad, Govt of Gujarat.
- Assistant Professor of Nephrology: SVIMS university hospital, Tirupati, Govt of AP
- Assistant Professor of General Medicine: Rangaraya Medical College, Govt of AP
- Senior Resident Nephrology:NIMS university Hospital, Hyderabad, Govt of Telangana Founder Consultant Nephrology and Kidney Transplantation: Manipal Super specialty Hospital / Mycure Hospitals- Visakhapatnam, AP.
Experience: 12 years
Dr. Venkat Sai Naresh Vellanki has completed MD Internal Medicine from Kasturba Medical College, Manipal University (Institute of Eminence, Govt of India) and was the best outgoing resident. He further pursued DM Nephrology at Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences (SVIMS)University Hospital-Tirupati and has been awarded best alumnus medal by the University Vice chancellor.
He has worked as Assistant Professor of General Internal Medicine in Rangaraya Medical College, Kakinada- Govt of AP.
Dr. Vellanki worked in reputed Nephrology and Dialysis units as senior resident in Nephrology-NIMS- Hyderabad, Assistant Professor in Nephrology- SVIMS-Tirupati Govt of AP and Institute of Kidney Diseases Research Center and Institute of Transplantation Sciences (IKDRC-ITS) Ahmedabad, Govt of Gujarat. He is the founder consultant of Department of Nephrology and Kidney Transplantation of Manipal Super specialty now Maxcure Hospitals Visakhapatnam.
He subsequently pursued formal North American clinical training in Adult Nephrology and Kidney Pancreas Transplantationat University of Toronto, Toronto Canada.
From 2011 to 2016he completed Clinical Fellowship in Adult Nephrology at premier quaternary care teaching hospitals of North America-Toronto General Hospital, St. Michael's Hospital, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Center and Mount Sinai Hospitals of the University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada. Following extensive formal training Dr. Vellanki successfully cleared Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Canada -Adult Nephrologyspecialty examination.
He then secured American Society of Transplantation (AST) accredited clinical fellowship at the Multi organ Transplantation Division, University of Toronto which is amongst the best rated solid organ transplantation and HLA immunobiology centers of excellence in North America. Dr. Vellanki trained with renowned teachers in the field of Nephrology, Dialysis, Hypertension and Renal transplantation namely Prof. Joanne Bargman, Prof. Edward Cole, Prof. Christopher Chan, Prof. Charmaine Lok, Prof. Kamel Kamel, Prof. Daniel CattranDr. Jeffery Zaltsman, Dr. Ramesh Prasad, Dr. Michelle Hladunewich, Dr. Carl Cardella, Dr. Istvan Mucsi, Dr. Joseph Kim, Dr. Jeffrey Schiff and Dr. Kathryn Tinckam.
He trained with Prof. Sheldon Tobe at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Center, Toronto in field of Clinical Hypertension and is ASH certified specialist in clinical hypertension. He has trained in obstetric Nephrology and Glomerulonephritis with Dr. Michelle Hladuenewich. He has published in various high impact international journals and has been awarded the Fellow of American Society of Nephrology by the American Society of Nephrology (USA). Dr. Vellanki has done the prescribedtraining in Interventional Nephrology at the clinical skills simulation lab of the Mount Sinai Hospital -Toronto.
He has special interest in vascular access and has trained with the guru in vascular access Prof. Charmaine Lok, he provides elective and emergency interventional nephrology services in salvaging dysfunctional AV fistulas/ grafts. He has also done "Ultrasound for Nephrologists" course under Prof. Terrence O'Neil, Emory University, Atlanta, USA.
Dr. Vellanki did his formal American Society of Transplantation (AST) and Royal College of Physicians Canada (RCPSC) accredited clinical training in management of solid organ transplantation (kidney, kidney-pancreas, heart, lung and liver) patients at the high volume multi organ transplant unit, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Canada and has gained valuable experience in dealing with complex transplant problems including, HLA barriers, transplant infectious diseases and has vast experience with ABO incompatible transplants from his training.
- Pheochromocytoma: An Unusual Cause of Thrombotic Microangiopathy Induced Acute Kidney Injury in Pregnancy-" Wolf in Sheep's Clothing":American Society of Nephrology-Kidney week (ASN), November 2015, San Diego, USA
- The Impact of Post Transplantation Anemia in Adult Renal Transplant Recipients on Cardiovascular Disease, Graft Failure and Mortality- Canadian Society of Transplantation (CST) 2016, Quebec City, Canada (submitted)
- The Stuck Catheter - A Hazardous Twist To The Meaning of Permanent Catheters (poster) : American Society of Nephrology-Kidney week (ASN), November 2013, Atlanta,USA
- Assessment of bone mineral density by DEXA in potential pre transplant patients on maintenance hemodialysis (poster) : XVIII Annual conference of Indian society of organ transplantation (ISOT), 2007, Bangalore, India
- Restless legs syndrome in patients of ESRD on maintenance hemodialysis our experience (oral) : XXVIII Annual conference of Indian society of Nephrology, Southern Chapter (ISNSC), February 2008, Mysore, India
- Kidney Transplantation Cross Match Techniques and Interpretation: Invited Lecture in AP society of Nephrology annual conference, January 2016, Vijayawada, India
- Vascular access surveillance and advances: Invited lecture in AP society of Nephrology annual conference, 2017, Nellore, India
- Kidney Transplantation-How far can the kidney go?: Invited Lecture in SVIMS university hospital, 2018 Tirupati, India
- Orgon preservation: Invited lecture in AP Society of Nephrology annual conference 2018, Rajamahendravaram, India.
Publications peer reviewed journals : 2011-15
- Vellanki VS, Watson D, Rajan DK, Bhola CB, Lok CE. The Stuck Catheter: a hazardous twist to the meaning of permanent catheters. J Vasc Access 2015, Epub Ahead of Print
- Vellanki VS, Bargman JM.Aspergillus Niger peritonitis in a peritoneal dialysis patient treated with eculizumab. Ren Fail 2014,Feb 10 Epub ahead of print
- Vellanki VS, Bargman JM.Successful Peritoneal Dialysis in Two Siblings with Alport's Disease and Gastric Pull-Up.Perit Dial Int ,2014,JulyEpub ahead of print
- Kishore CK, Vijayabhaskar J, Vishnu Vardhan R, Vellanki V Sainaresh ,Sriramnaveen P, Sridhar AVSSN, Varalakshmi B, Sandeep P, Ram R,Vengamma B, Sivakumar V. Management of Guillain–Barre´ syndrome with plasmapheresis or immunoglobulin: our experience from a tertiary care institute in South India.Ren Fail 2014,Feb 28 Epub ahead of print
- Vellanki V Sainaresh, K. Jagadeesh, SAA Lateef, G.S. Krishna, V. Siva KumarRestless Legs Syndrome in Patients of End Stage Renal Diseaseon Maintenance Hemodialysis. Journal of Organ Dysfunction & Management 2014;1(1); 2014;22-25
- Vellanki V Sainaresh, Sarma MBR, Sridharbabu KVS.Pancreatic tuberculosis masquerading as malignancy in an immunocompetent individual.J Clin Sci Res 2014;3:191-94
- Jain SH,Vellanki VS, Patel H. Calciphylaxis in a renal allograft recipient-An uncommon entity, need for vigilance. KMJ 2013;45(2);154-156
- Jain SH, Vellanki VS, Patel H, Trivedi HL. Renal Tubular Acidosis: An Uncommon cause of bad obstetric history. JOGI 2013, Aug 30.Epub ahead of print
- Vellanki VS, JainSH, Patel VH, Gandhi S, Trivedi HL.Malplacement of Hemodialysis Permcatheter into AnteriorMediastinum Following Innominate Vein Perforation. Semin Dial 2012;25(1):95-96
- Vellanki VS, Sriramnaveen P, Sivaramakrishna G, Manjusha Y, Kishore KK, Sivakumar V. Postpartum bilateral renal cortical necrosis in antiphospholipid syndrome and systemic lupus erythematosus.Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl. 2013;24(3):549-552
- Vellanki VS, Jain SH,Patel HV, Shah PR, Vanikar AV, Trivedi HL. Post transplant urinary tract infection in Autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease a perpetual diagnostic dilema - 18-fluorodeoxyglucose - Positron emission computerized tomography - A valuable tool. IJNM 2011:26(2);109-111
- Kute VB, Vanikar AV, Shah PR, Gumber MR, Patel HV, Sainaresh VV, Engineer DP, Jain SH, Shah VR, Trivedi HL. Post-renal transplant cytomegalovirus infection: study of risk factors. Transplant Proc. 2012;44(3):706-9
Past publications in peer reviewed journals:
- Venkat sainaresh V, Krishna KK, Kamath RL. Pentology of Cantrell.JIACM 2007:8:113-114.
- Sainaresh VV, Sarma MBR. Virginia Apgar- Medical Philately.JAPI 2007:55;80
- Ramakrishna P, SainareshVV, Krishna GSR, Krishnakishore C, Lakshmi AY, Vengamma B. Stroke in chronic kidney disease. IJN 2009:19(1);5-7
- Naresh VVS, Reddy ALK, Sivaramkrishna G, Sharma PVGK, Vardan RV, Sivakumar V. Angiotensin converting enzyme gene polymorphism in type II diabetics with nephropathy.IJN 2009:19;145-148
- Sainaresh VV, Sriramnaveen P, SivaramkrishnaG,Vijaylaxmidevi B, Lakshmi AY, Sivakumar V. Subcapsular hematoma of liver in a patient of Weil's disease. Accepted for publication in Tropical Gastroenterology. Trop Gastroenterol 2011;32(2):133–134
- Krishna GSR, Kishore KC, Sriramnaveen P, Sainaresh VV, Lakshmi AY, Sivakumar V.Bilateral cortical necrosis in acute pancreatitis. IJN 2009:19(3);125
- Sainaresh VV, Ramakrishna V, Ramakrishna P, Siva Kumar V.Hyperkalemia masking left ventricular hypertrophy in electrocardiogram in a patient with endstage renal disease.IJN 2008:18;22-23
- Ramakrishna P, Sainaresh VV, Chakrapani B,Vengamma B, Sivakumar V. Leptospirosis with acute renal failure and paraperesis.IJN 2008:18;130-131
- Kishore KC, Ramakrishna C, Ramakrishna P, Sainaresh VV, Mutheswariah Y,Sivakumar V. Clinical study of Fournier's gangrene with acute renal failure.IJN 2007:17;66-67
- Sivakumar V, Sivaramakrishna G, Sainaresh VV, Sriramnaveen P, Krishna KC, Shobharani Ch, Jagadeesh K. Pregnancy related acute renal failure: A ten year experience. Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl.2011:32;352-353
- Sriramnaveen P., Krishnakishore C, SainareshVV,Sivaramkrishna G, SivaKumar V. Placement of dual lumen non cuffed dialysis catheter into persistent left superior vena cava. Clinical Nephrology 2010;73:81-82
- Sriramnaveen P, Krishnakishore C, SainareshVV, Sivaramkrishna G, SivaKumar V. Unilateral aneurismal calcific dilatation of extra cranial portion of internal carotid artery in a patient of end stage renal disease.Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl. 2011;21:1153
- Sriramnaveen P, SainareshVV, Sivaramkrishna G, SivaKumar V. Fractures in patients of chronic kidney disease on maintenance hemodialysis. Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl.2011;22:146-147
- Manjusha Y, Krishnakishore C, Sandeep Reddy, Sriramnaveen , Sainaresh VV, P, Sivakumar V. An Unusual association of anti GBM disease with lupus nephritis presenting as pulmonary renal syndrome. Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl.2011:22;349-351
- Manjusha Y, Krishnakishore C, Sriramnaveen P, Sandeep R, Sainaresh VV, Sivakumar V. An Unusual association of primary focal segmental glomerulosclerosis, distal renal tubular acidosis and secondary erythrocytosis.Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl.2011:22(5):1028-1029
- Manjusha Y, Sainaresh VV, Sivakumar V .Malposition of hemodialysis catheter in left superior intercostals vein. Hemodialysis International 2011:15;115-116
- Sriramnaveen P, Sridhar A, Sandeep Y, Krishnakishore C, Sainaresh VV, Manjusha Y, Sivakumar V. Acute kidney injury in patients with pyogenic liver abscess. Ren Fail.2011:33;551-552
- ManjushaY, Vellanki VS, Sriramnaveen P, Kishore CK, AnnapindiVS,Bommidi VP, Bodagala V, Lakshmi AY, Kalawat TC, Sivakumar V. Serendipitous discovery of mediastinal tuberculous lymphadenitis in a patient on maintenance hemodialysis.. Hemodial Int 2011:15(4):583-5.
- SriramnaveenP, Sivakumar V, Kishore CK, Sai Naresh VV, SivaramaKrishna G, Manjusha Y, VijayaLakshmi B, Lakshm AY . Delayed Presentation of superior vena cava syndrome after hemodialysis catheter removal.SJKDT 2011:22;554-557
- Manjusha Y, Sandeep R, Sriramnaveen P, Krishnakishore C, Sainaresh VV, Vengamma B, Sivakumar V. Neurotoxicity due to cefipime in patients on maintainance hemodialysis. Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl. 2011 Sep;22(5):1026-27.
Under review :
- Vellanki VS, Mucsi I, Abraham A.A young women with pregnancy related Acute Kidney Injury- Quiz- AJKD
- Vellanki VS, Gudsoorker P. Tunneled hemodialysis catheter accessory exit sites in a lupus patient- IJN
- Singal P, Vellanki VS, Mucsi I, Avila- Casada C . CMV induced de novo Thrombotic microangiopathy in renal allograft recipient :AJKD
- Singal P, Vellanki VS, Avila- Casada C. Adenovirus induced renal allograft dysfunction: Transplant Infectious diseases.