Department of Obstetrics-Gynaecology :
Obstetrics deals with pregnancy and at our hospital we believe that the most important event in the history of a family is welcoming a new member into it. Gynaecology deals with diseases of women and we believe that the woman is the backbone of the family and should be cared for.
The department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology is very vibrant. Equipment in the department is the latest and the technology is the ‘cutting edge’ in this field. We deal with all obstetric conditions including high risk pregnancy.Fetal monitoring is done by 4D ultrasound machines and by foetal heart rate monitor.
The department has well equipped labour room for delivery with advanced neonatal care fecility. Every need of the mother and child can be met at the Hospital. We welcome you to come to the hospital and experience the warm ambience and the tender loving care for mother and child.
Pre-pregnancy counseling is offered to any woman planning a baby. It is important for every couple to seek advice before embarking on a pregnancy.
- A thorough medical checkup is done to detect ailments such as diabetes, thyroid disorders, heart problems, and others if any.
- Diagnosis, treatment and advice are offered to stabilize the would-be mother before pregnancy.
- Genetic counseling, if necessary, is offered.
- Screening for Rubella immune status, Haemoglobin electrophoresis and sexually transmitted diseases like HIV / Hepatitis B is offered.
- Your Dietary intake will be reviewed and advice will be given.,
- Women with problems like Uterine septum, polycystic ovary and endometriosis are assessed and treated.
- As soon as you think that you may be pregnant, it is very important that you see a doctor.
- Our clinic offers consultation, counseling and treatment for the antenatal care.
- A detailed first consultation encompasses elaborate history taking. So it is very important that you give an account of your general health, illness, habits, allergies and past pregnancy if any.
- Our doctors will be happy to answer your queries and advise you on medicines, diet, exercise, necessary investigations and dos and don’ts during pregnancy.
- Regular Follow up
- The High Risk Pregnancy Clinic aims at providing surveillance and Management of Pregnancies at risk
- Genetic counseling
- Prenatal screening and diagnosis with facilities, which include biochemical marker screening, aminocentsis, fetal blood sampling and advanced ultrasound for detection of fetal anomalies.
Antenatal Exercise Clinic (Along with Physiotherapist)
- Special classes are conducted for would-be-mothers to get them ready for labor and child birth.
- Postnatal exercises help in uterine involution and in restoring the perineal muscle tone. It also focuses on strengthening abdominal and back muscles.
- Our aim is to help you regain the pre-pregnancy physical fitness
Painless Labor (Epidural Anesthesia) Services
The team of the anesthesiologists is available round the clock to provide pain relief to labouring patients. They utilize the most modern evidence based techniques to provide superior type of analgesia to the patients undergoing labour and delivery. Coupled with good monitoring equipments; both for the mother and the unborn ensures that the process of labour and the delivery is a pleasant experience in our hospital.
- Extensive ante - partum and intra- partum fetal suveillance
- Specialized neonatal care
During the post natal counseling, we help every new mother to gain confidence in her ability to care for the new born during her post delivery period.
- Follow-up examination and care
- Counseling regarding various family planning methods like sterilization, intrauterine contraceptive device insertion, condoms, combination contraceptive pills, contraceptive injections etc.
- Changes in the Body, general Body Care and getting Back to Shape
- Post-natal exercises
- Breast Feeding
- Common New Born Problems
Gynaecology deals with any disease of female reproductive system i.e. uterus, vagina, ovaries and fallopian tubes. The most common gynecological problems face by women are menstrual irregularities, heavy bleeding and pain during menstrual cycles and vaginal discharge. Abnormal uterine bleeding can be due to various causes like Fibroids (Myoma), Adenomyosis and Hormonal imbalance.
Today the women are empowered with education and better career options and are seeking advice for Family Planning and Contraception. Our Gynaecologist would guide and help them to make the right choices for family planning.
We offer the following Gynaecological Surgeries:
- Hysterectomy which can be performed Vaginally / Abdominally / Laparoscopically
- Vaginal repair like Hymenoplasty, Cystocele, Rectocele repair
- Laparoscopic Myomectomy i.e.removal of fibroid
- Laparoscopic Ovarian Cystectomy
- Laparoscopic management of Tubal or ectopic pregnancy
- Vaginal vault suspension
- Fertility enhancing surgeries like adhesiolysis, cornual cannulation
- Gynecological Cancer Services
We also offer services under the Adolescent girl clinic and Menopausal clinic