Department of Urology
Department of Urology:
It is one of the well developed and well equipped departments in Queen's NRI Hospital.
Common Surgeries perform here:
- For stone disease (URSL, PCNL, etc)
- For prostate disease (TURP)
- Stricture urethra
- Renal cyst
- Uro oncology (Carcinoma bladder, renal cell carcinoma, prostate cancer etc.)
- Female urology (stress urinary incontinence, recurrent UTI, VVF, etc)
- Pediatric urology (Posterior urethra vulva reflux disease, hypospadias, undescended testis.
Male infertility surgery and much more:
Majority of surgery performed by No cut / no stich endoscopic methods or laparoscopic methods. We are having latest stone treatment machine ESWL Dornier world leader in extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy for the first time in Vizag and coastal Andhra Pradesh.
- 4D Ultrasound scans with color Doppler
- HRCT ( High Resolution CT) and MRI
- Renal angiogram
- State-of-the-art laboratory services
- Dornier Lithotripsy (for kidney stone removal)
- Holmium Yag Laser (for larger kidney stone removal and haemostasis)
- Uroflow meter
- KARL STORZ Uro Endoscopy equipment
In effect the urology department is well equipped and almost all cases are dealt under a single roof with guidance of expert urologist and trained staff.